We're no longer accepting applications for this job, but we are still hiring! Please check out our current listings.
Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist – Cell Biology/Assay Development
About Us: Entact Bio is a preclinical stage biotechnology company developing a new class of drugs that enhance the function of beneficial proteins. Launched by a founding team deeply rooted in deubiquitinase (DUB) biochemistry, chemical biology, disease biology, and small-molecule drug development, Entact has designed its proprietary Encompass™ platform to create enhancement-targeting chimeric (ENTAC™) medicines. ENTACs harness the ability of DUBs to regulate proteins. By leveraging this natural cellular mechanism to enhance protein function, Entact is expanding the universe of treatable diseases.
As an individual contributor and valued team member:
- Collaborate with scientists across the organization in advancing the pipeline.
- Independently design, execute experimental studies and derive key conclusions.
- Develop innovative, ‘outside the box’ approaches and methodologies to tackle scientific challenges.
- Effectively communicate scientific progress to internal and external audiences.
- Foster a culture of inclusion and scientific curiosity.
- Mentor junior team members, helping advance science from the bench.
BS, MS or PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Biology, or Biochemistry.
3-5 years post academia experience. Level commensurate with post academia experience
Proven track record with assay development, validation, and implementation, informing on MoA, SAR, and phenotypic effects.
- Hands on experience with assay technologies using commercial kits for plate-based luminescent/fluorescent readouts such as cell viability, toxicity, and transcriptional reporter assays.
- Prior experience with developing assays to quantify protein-protein interactions, post translational modifications, or protein trafficking, utilizing more complex methods such as NanoBret, AlphaLisa, Enzyme Complementation, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with assay acceptance criteria, and the use of statistical principles for assessment of assay performance.
Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following skillsets highly desirable:
Transfection/viral transduction, Cell line engineering (to include all aspects from vector design, cloning and characterization), Gel Electrophoresis & Western Blotting, Immunoprecipitation/Co-IP, PCR (qPCR, RT-PCR).
Who You Are:
Exploratory: Relishing the early discovery space with a proven track record in navigating the path to drugging challenging targets
Cell & Molecular Biologist: Experienced in cellular assay development, cloning and cell line engineering.
Highly organized: Strong time management and planning skills
Highly collaborative: A teammate who thrives in a scientifically diverse, fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment.
Driven and Conscientious: Proactively identify opportunities to contribute scientifically and organizationally to promote a culture of innovation and inclusion.
As a member of our diverse and growing team, you’ll help shape us into a company that takes its scientific mission seriously while providing a positive and supportive workplace environment and culture. With your insights, passion and talent – we’ll bring novel therapeutics to the patients who need them the most.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.