We're no longer accepting applications for this job, but we are still hiring! Please check out our current listings.
Executive Director/ Vice President – Translational Biology
About Us: Entact Bio is a preclinical stage biotechnology company developing a new class of drugs that enhance the function of beneficial proteins. Launched by a founding team deeply rooted in deubiquitinase (DUB) biochemistry, chemical biology, disease biology, and small-molecule drug development, Entact has designed its proprietary Encompass™ platform to create enhancement-targeting chimeric (ENTAC™) medicines. ENTACs harness the ability of DUBs to regulate proteins. By leveraging this natural cellular mechanism to enhance protein function, Entact is expanding the universe of treatable diseases.
- Drives translational strategy for Entacs across a range of therapeutic indications and target classes
- Build a team of biologists, both internally and externally, that effectively support the development of Entacs to the clinic
- Manage resources to effectively deliver on aggressive timelines
- Collaborates with molecular discovery and mechanistic biology groups in developing the strategic vision for Entac target selection
- Communicates scientific progress to all audiences, including investors, BOD, consultants, as well as internal audiences
- Foster a culture of inclusion and scientific curiosity
Who You Are:
- Exploratory: Relishing the development of novel new modes of action with a proven track record in driving programs from target validation to IND
- Translational Research: Demonstrated expertise in taking multiple development candidates to IND, developing clinical plans and effectively communicating with regulatory agencies
- Team Leader: effectively galvanize individual collaborators, who thrives in a scientifically diverse, fast-paced, team-oriented, start-up environment
- PhD or MD/PhD in a life science discipline and 12+ years’ (post academia) industry experience
- Familiarity with any of the following therapeutic areas considered a plus: autoimmune disease, oncology, and/or monogenic rare diseases
- Track record of effective leadership in building strong scientific teams that strategically drive programs to deliver drug candidates
- Demonstrated knowledge of small molecule drug development, biomarker discovery in vivo assessment of chemical matter to establish PK/PD and efficacy relationships
- Prior experience in leading development of a novel mechanism is considered a plus
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to work with executive management
- Create and lead an empowered, motivated team where diversity of thought is encouraged
As a member of our diverse and growing team, you’ll help shape us into a company that takes its scientific mission seriously while providing a positive and supportive workplace environment and culture. With your insights, passion and talent – we’ll bring novel therapeutics to the patients who need them the most.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.